Saturday 17 May 2008

Whats cooking doc?

I tried my hand at cooking a few days ago. I had succesfully avoided doing that till now. Wherever I went I was fortunate enough to be able to make some arrangement for good, healthy food. Over here in London there are plenty of take away joints but after eating it for some times I realised how much oil I was consuming. Something had to be done. I had come here with no intention of cooking. Right then, One of my friends was returning home to India and she had a cooker which she was going to leave behind. I jumped at the opportunity and within a week, I had all the ingredients and ready to go!

Well, I didnt have everything that I needed for a proper dal fry. I had onions, chilli powder, cooking oil and salt. Whatever I made was pretty much edible. It tasted more like ragda from a chaat joint. It would have tasted great with tangy tamarind juice. But this was fine for the starters.

I bought the rest of the spices today. Damn they are expensive! chilli powder 1.24 pounds, tumeric 1.19 pounds and the portions are tiny! I dont know how long they will last.

I plan to experiment with chana masala and maybe rajma. Then later on to more complex non-veg dishes. Uptill now my cooking skills were limmited to maggi, sandwhich or at the most an omlette.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amey Bhide said...

Dude,

Pack of coriander leaves .... 1 pound ... freaking costlier than a 250mg butter tub .... thats UK

Happy cooking
-Amey

26 May 2008 at 06:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home